Thursday, April 15, 2010
This is a painting I worked on a few months ago and I thought I would share the WIP pics of it. I started off gluing bits of colored wrapping paper all over the canvas and then covered with gesso. This gave a nice texture and pattern to the background.
I used many layers of color on their faces to get this pale complexion. Burnt Sienna, pale pink, creamy beige, pale yellow, light rose and burnt umber.
I then started working on their clothing and hair. The hair is burnt sienna, burnt umber, yellow ochre, and red. The clothing; poppy red, yellow, white (titanium) and yellow ochre.
I added chip board shapes, leaves made out of dictionary pages and paper flowers. Here is the finished painting. This one is for sale on ArtFire. Hope you enjoyed the process!
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a magical and blessed day!