Thursday, September 30, 2010
First all, the coffee is French Roast!! Yum!! I even have flavored creamers if you like. Some Zucchini Bread and we are good to go!
I received The Versatile Blogger award from Retired and Crazy . Which was very sweet and I didn't realize I was so versatile!! Ha! Of course there is a little catch...you have to tell 8 things about yourself that is heretofore unknown! Gosh! What can I say; but I will give it a go!
1. I trained to be a secretary in high school and my first job was as secretary in a construction firm. Between the proposals and cat calls I decided to go to something more professional. So I opted to work for the State of Ohio as a legal secretary in the Workman's Comp. Department. Boooorrriiiinnngggg!!!
2. I have asthma! I use daily meds and am having no problems this year! Whew! I do use oxygen at bedtime most of the time. Sometimes I just don't feel like wearing that tube.
3. I love shoes!! My closet is full; my door has a hanging shoe holder and it is full and I have two under the bed storage containers and they are both filled. Some doubly so!! Ha! And I just won a fabulous pair of boots on eBay!! Woot!!
4. My art and doll studio is in my home. So if I am not working on babies...I am working on art...if not doing either of them, I am playing outside in the garden or watching TV. I do love my TV!!
5. Football and Baseball...love them both! Watch as many games as we can and root for many teams. My heart is still in Cleveland; so I root for the Browns and the Indians. Sigh! They don't win much. I also like the Bears, the Cowboys, the Colts and the Vikings. Then there is the Red Sox, and the Yankees. So you see! Quite the fan!!
6. I currently walk 4.5 miles almost every day. My weight has gone down about 160 pounds. Most of you know that but I like to brag! Ha!
7. My mom and one of my brothers still live in Ohio. I am going to visit them on October 6th. My other two brothers are coming to Ohio as well so we can all be together for a couple of days. Very cool!! My mom doesn't have internet connections so I am going to have to improvise. Sigh!!
8. We are going to move down to southern New Mexico in 4 or 5 years. Both Dr. John and I want to teach and there is a wonderful university in Las Cruces!! Sooooo....we decided no to retire; just to change directions. We are looking forward to this.
That's it...eight. Whew!! That wasn't easy. I know I am now supposed to pick 8 people but I decided I hate to follow the rules. So I would love to hear more about you...take the award and go for it.
I also wanted to share my latest baby with you. Her name is Maggie and she is quite the little girl!!
I just love her to pieces. So I have completed five to add to the doll show! That makes a total of 13 I believe. And since I have three shows to do...I hope that will be enough. I still want to do some mini's. So I will keep you posted.
Also, I just passed my two years as a blogger. Well, two years and two months. Ooops! Kind of went past my anniversary. So to celebrate, I am going to have a giveaway and I will tell you more about it on Sunday or Monday. Stay tuned and spread the word.
Have a magical and blessed day!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
It is going to be an incredible day!! Blue skies ( I hear ) and temps in the 80's!! Woot!! Can't ask for better than that!!
They dryer saga has finally reached a sad but satisfactory conclusion! My old dryer has been repaired...finally!! The red dryer is not in my kitchen...sigh!!! But Dr. John promised that it is still in my future!! Woot! Woot!!
Took some pics of the babies that I have finished! Here they are!
I am getting ready for three shows! All three are in November! When I get the others ready, I will take a group shot! I am looking forward to the shows and fingers crossed that I sell, sell, sell!!
Dr. John went to Denver for a conference hosted by AMEC! This is the company he works for. Dr. John asked me to go along and I was...but migraine struck and along with it nausea and dizziness. Sooooo...I stayed behind....darn it!! Feeling pretty good right now, though still a little dizzy. Sigh!! He said it was so pretty in Denver! Darn it!!
Well, I need to get ready for my walk this morning! Not too much randomness here today!! But make sure and check out The Un Mom and visit with Keely! I am sure there is plenty of randomness there!!
Sure do see some spectacular sunrises and sunsets around here. So I just have to share them!! Have a magical and blessed day!
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Welcome to another edition of Silent Saturday!
|Sunrise continues with rainbow!!|
Have a magical and blessed weekend!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Today is going to be a fabulous day! Just look at that sunrise?!!! Thought I would share some State Fair pics!
Nothing says State Fair more than a few blue ribbons and some canned foods!!
And quilts!! Wow!!
See ya soon!! Coming at a blog near you...Pumpkin World!!!
Have a magical and blessed day!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Time again to regal you with my randomness! Ha! And it has been an Indian Summer here. In the early mornings it has been 40's and during the day 90's!!! How about that for a temperature range?? Sheesh!! But it has been beautiful. And since my dryer (Grrrrrrrrr) is still not fixed; great for drying clothes outside. I actually put up a clothes line and it has been really great!! Nice hot, windy days dries the clothes in about one hour. Very cool! Better than my old dryer was doing!??!! Shhhh! Don't tell Dr. John. He will have been hanging clothes out there in the winter and chiseling them when I bring them inside. And I still want the red ones!! Sigh!!
|Isn't she beautiful!!! Lust!! Lust!!! Lust!!!|
I must apologize to all my bloggy friends! I had a sucky migraine yesterday and never get around to your blogs. I am so sorry! Usually I love reading your blogs...but I just couldn't do it. I hope to catch up today but you all are pretty prolific and I will do my best!! Ha!
|Dr. John at the Fair!|
Isn't he the cutest!? We went to the New Mexico State Fair and we had a great time. I will share some Fair photos later in the week but after walking in 90 degree heat all afternoon, here is what it felt like!!!
Plastic and feet! That is what it felt like! Ha! 91 degrees!!! Hot! Hot! Hot!! But the food was great and we thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds. But I do believe that is what gave me my migraine. Oh well! It was fun!!
Dryer still looks like this!!!
Nothing has changed. The repair man is coming Wednesday morning and saying with all confidence that he WILL fix this dryer!! Do I hope he does?? NOT!!!! LOL!!
Still taking my early ( 6AM ) morning walks almost every day. And the sunrises are still amazing!!
And they early morning light makes the flowers glow!
It is beautiful and I highly recommend it! It has been cold though! So I wear flannel jacket, gloves and ear muffs! Works out great!! My friend, Cheri, on the other hand, still wears her shorts!! LOL! She refuses to let go of the hot summer!! Once her knees freeze up, she will wear warmer clothes!
I have a new place that I love to go eat at! It is called Twisters. Now it has been around for some time but I never wanted to try it out. I mean with that name...TWISTERS?? Really? But Dr. John said they had great Breakfast Burritos and he loved going there. So I finally gave in and we went. I noticed on the menu they had Chimichangas and I was intrigued. See, that is my all time fav!! So I decided to try it. Oh my! It was fabulous!! Shredded moist beef and tender too! Rolled in a lightly crispy tortilla. Covered with cheese and green chili. Yum!! And of course, a blob of sour cream. Ahhhhh! To Die For!!!
And you can't beat the prices! So when you all come to visit. I will take you here and you can sample some real New Mexican traditional food. And you will love it!!! So hurry up and pack your bags. I am ready to go!!
Now don't forget and stop by The Un Mom and see all the other craziness (Randomness). You never know what you will see!!!!! I think Keely is fighting Zombies again! If we ever have an attack, she is ready to do battle! Me...I will hide and let her do the dirty work!
Hope to get around and see you all today!!?? But it won't be until the afternoon. See, it is girls' day out and I have to get my manicure and pedicure. Oh! And don't forget lunch!! Soooo...busy day planned already!
Have a magical and blessed day!