Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Yep! It's just how I roll! One random thought to another. Tumbling one right after another!! Ha! Tires me out actually! Sigh!! So now we are here...March 8th!!! And another Random Tuesday! Wonder what Keely is doing?? You should go and visit! The UnMom! I will wait!!...................!!!................!!!
You back already? Good! the coffee is on and let's get this show on the road!!
Our 15 year old television died that we had in our bedroom. Just wouldn't turn on! Darn it! So we had to go get another TV! Luckily I had a rewards check from Costco...so it covered the television and a new shower head for Dr. John's bathroom! Not too shabby!! But this is the happy end to the story...what actually happened is this. The TV died, yes, but then we had to get the old TV out of the cabinet and to the transfer station. We figured, no problem!! This TV is a 15 year old (or older) monster! I knew it was but Dr. John figured we got it into the cabinet, so we will be able to get it out! No problem! So I got on one side and he on the other and 1....2...3....lift!! Nothing!! It weighed a ton and a half!!!!!!
We yanked and pulled and finally got it to move to the edge of the cabinet...then we heaved and half threw it onto the bed...right on top of Dr. John and my left arm. Ummmmmmmmmm...excuse me...this hurts like hell Dr. John!!!! But he can't help...he is under the beast and trying to wiggle out. Ha! What a sight! I finally got my left arm out and Dr. John freed himself all about the same time. Now we had to get it onto the dolly! Oh dear! So I took one side and he the other and heaved it up. Just as we neared the dolly, I kind of let it slip and it crashed onto the cart! Oops!!! Thankfully, it didn't break! Now we have to roll it through the house and get it into the back of the truck!
We finally got it out of the bedroom, after herculean efforts on our behalf and down the hall we went. Now how the hell are we going to get it into the back of the truck? Not a clue...but now we are there and we have to do something with it! Move it close, I say and see if we can slide it in. Not!!!! Won't slide! So after several false attempts and much frustration, I get on one side and he on the other and we do one last lift! Thud! We did it!!!! OMG!! I can't believe we got that sucker into the back of the truck! Now Dr. John has to figure out how to get it out of the truck at the transfer station (the dump)!! Sigh!!
He gets to the transfer station and the guy helps him out. At the count of three, they both lift and throw it into the bin...it totally explodes and pieces of television rain down everywhere. Dr. John said that that was pretty cool!! Sheesh!! Takes so little....! So that is it...the tale of moving the television. I have a lump and giant bruise on my left arm and Dr. John feels like he went 20 rounds with Tyson!!!!!
The new TV? Well she is beautiful and a light as a feather flat screen! About 32 inches of gorgeousness!!!! And I can lift her with no problems all by myself! Whew! Glad this is over!!!
But it isn't the end of what is broken at our house. Noooooooo!! Our dishwasher decided that heating was the thing to do. Super heat that is!!!! I smelled something burning and I couldn't figure what it was. It smelled like plastic! I finally checked the dishwasher. Upon opening it up, steam came billowing out and I burnt my fingers touching the top of it!! Owie!! My heavy duty plastic 22 ounce glasses were now 4 inches tall and warped. They were originally 10 inches tall! Ha! And the silverware holder which sits on the bottom was warped and the entire bottom was melted out!!!!!! All the silverware had fallen through!!! Great! So I call the service guy...who came out three days later and declared it was the circuit board! So he ordered it and it has been one week and three days! But who's counting! I am still waiting!! I hate washing dishes...!!
Oh well, in spite of it all...we have been having gorgeous weather for the most part! High 50's and sunny! And some gorgeous sunrises....
See...so it's all good!! Yesterday was kind of crappy weather wise though! Rainy and we got some snow flurries up here in the East Mountains..but it didn't stick. Went to town and got my granddaughter, Cassie and her roommate Brittany, and we went to get out toes and nails done. First, we had lunch at Scarpa's on Academy in Albuquerque. Yum!! Brick over baked pizza's and wonderful pasta dishes!! Cass and I got pizza and Britt got a Lobster cream sauce and shrimp and linguine pasta dish! All the food was yummy for sure!! I got the Greek pizza with pepperoni and Cazz got the Roasted Red Pepper pizza with pepperoni!! Talk about good food! Thanks Cheri! (She recommended it to us)
Great menu! Prices were fantastic and service was pretty good too! Attentive staff and they kept you posted of how your dishes were doing. So all and all...terrific!!
Let's talk about the $40.00 gift certificate from CSN giveaway! I forgot to say when the drawing would be....duh!! Sorry about that! It will be the 21st of March! So there is still time to sign up for this wonderful prize!! So click on the link and go leave a comment! That is all you have to do!!! Go on...I am done here anyway! My arm hurts and I need some coffee!!!!
Have a magical and blessed day!