Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Tuesday ~~ It really is!!

randomtuesday


Yup kiddies!  It is Random Tuesday again.  With the holiday, it get's a little tricky!  But I managed to remember.  Whew!!

This holiday weekend Dr. John and I managed to get the back patio cleaned up, weeded some of the back flower beds, planted some flowers, made another sheet of handmade paper and had a cookout just for us!!  We done good!  And we are pooped!  HA!

Visited Parker's Greenhouse in Edgewood, New Mexico.  Quite an experience!  Your drive down a dusty dirt road...cactus and sage brush all around and a scattering of houses.  Then you see a barbed wire fence with a handpainted sign announcing that you, indeed, have arrived at Parker's.  And right before your eyes is an oasis!!  Huge green trees, rose bushes everywhere and on and on and on.  What a lush almost tropical island.  You seek green and roses just don't happen here!  Anyway, amazing place and we dropped some change here.



Dr. John and I got all dressed up to go out to dinner with good friends, Paul and Cheri.  We decided to go to the Paako Country Club.  I have never been and it is beautiful.  Wonderful golf course and the restaurant overlooks it.  Entering a richly decorated dining room with many Indian artifacts; we find we are the only ones there??!!  WTH??  A fabulous space with views to die for and no one there?  We had a blast.  Bartender all to ourselves and great Margaritas!!  Eric honey, you treated us right.






We got those Tupsy Turvy Tomato plant grower thingys!  Going to give it a try and see if we can actually get tomatoes this year.  Last year we watched as the black gopher took the entire plants under ground.  Just like the cartoons.  I will keep you posted and take pics along the way.  Should be fun.

Well, enough random from me...don't forget to link up.  Go to The Unmom and post your RTT link.  I, for one, will be interested in what you have to say.

Have a magical and blessed day!

Hugging you,
SueAnn

24 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha heard good things about the topsy turvy tomatoes...and i love tomatoes in the summer! that greenhouse looks really cool!

Hilary said...

Wow.. what a treat to have the place to yourself. I'd never want to leave. ;)

Sarah Knight said...

Sounds like an industrious day!
Hope you have a big tall glass of lemonade to top it off
: )

Debbie said...

How fun...!!! Thanks for sharing your random events:)!!!!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Let me know if the "Tupsy Turvy Tomato plant grower thingys!" workout. I'm always saying that I want to try them out, BUT...

Big hugs

Stacy Uncorked said...

We got some clean up in the back yard and flower beds weeded and cooked out this weekend, too! :) Your weekend trumps ours, though, with the visit to Parker's Greenhouse - that looks amazing! And your dinner out having the place all to yourselves? Perfection! :)

I grew one of those topsy turvy tomato plants last year - they do work! I need to pick up some more so we'll have tomatoes and not lose the plants to the wild rabbits! :)

Boozy Tooth said...

Good morning, SueAnn! So happy you had a fun holiday weekend with Doctor John. Sounds like a lot of work to me, but I appreciate you taking us along to Parker's! Wow. Very amazing place. And the country club? Makes me miss our Sawgrass country club membership... but desperate times call for desperate measures and we just couldn't afford it any more. We'll be back though... as soon as we win the Florida Lottery! LOL!

So sorry I've been MIA. We've been so busy with company and stuff, I've really all but abandoned my blogging. But I'm back and I've come straight over!

Missed you my good friend. So happy to be back with you again.

XO
Alix

Rachele Bennett said...

I've been wanting the topsy turvy tomato thingy for a couple years. my neighbors on both sides have them and they get fabulous tomatoes. I think I could just borrow a couple.

A county club with no one there? What fun.

Cajoh said...

Just hoping that the tomato plants don't get knocked down by the gophers.

Hoping to see the results of the upside-down plants.

Thanks for your randomness,

Kristina P. said...

I think my next As Seen on TV product needs to be that Topsy Turvy thing. I hope it works!

Jeanette said...

That greenhouse looks amazing! Good luck with your tomatoes.

Bossy Betty said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! I loved hearing about it. Looking forward to the tomato report....

ellen abbott said...

We got our first ripe tomatoes this weekend, well, besides the cherries. They've already stopped putting on fruit though because it is already too hot, well, besides the cherries. This May was the hottest on record. On record!

Unknown said...

Having the place all to yourself sound so decadent really. An oasis for sure.

glad you had a good holiday weekend.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Sounds like a dreamy week-end! I enjoyed a margarita myself :)
We worked hard cleaning the patio and weeding the backyard because we were having a bbq on Monday with friends. Guess what? We never went outside! Oh well at least we get to enjoy a nice clean yard ourselves!

Friko said...

Hallo slommler, I've seen you around blogland but have never before thought to visit. well, you can't visit everywhere, can you?

I am glad you did come, because that gave me a chance to come over and visit your blog. As I like what I find I shall be back and sample more of your goodies.

dmvoccola said...

I love random posts. Thanks for sharing and like the others, I am interested in the tomato things. You have a captive audience. Let's watch them grow together, and then you can have everybody over for tomato sandwiches on the back patio. :)

CiCi said...

Some people are so good with the random post thing. You are one of them. Sounds like your holiday weekend was just about perfect. The country club dinner sounds great and you are on your way to home grown tomatoes. Good for you.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I've been trying to figure out where I could hang one of those tomato plants! Hope yours survives this year!
Cheers,
jj

SandyCarlson said...

Those tomatoes are big this year. The local paper says people are reporting good results, so I hope they work out for you, too!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Now that would be wonderful!! Sounds like you had Cadillac service!! We used to have a restaurant in Arizona that was like that for us...whenever we walked through the door, they always found a special place for us...I was so sorry when we moved. Your back patio looks gorgeous! Wow! What a wonderful retreat it must be! I love your randomness...so great to get to know my dear, new friend better!!! Love, Janine XO

Anonymous said...

Don't u just love having time alone.. somewhere remote?
omg.. the topsy turvy thing looks cool.. actually my hubby wants one LOL..

Indrani said...

Such a lovely place... glad that you had lots of fun.

Maggie May said...

Such a lovely place and the photos look really lush, especially the lane....
Lets see the tomato plants when you get them.
Maggie X

Nuts in May