Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Random Tuesday ....And then some!!!



If you all remember, I have my two youngest grandchildren (Lee Jr. and Georgia) staying with me!  And we are having a blast.  I told them that I wanted to make another sheet of handmade paper and they could help.  They sort of groaned.  But, they dutifully followed me out back.  They really got into it and loved the fact that we could get pretty wet as well.  We all got wet...some from the papermaking process and others from squirting the hose at themselves and others!!  Ha!!  Another sheet of paper drying in the sun!!  woot!!

I feel for my DIL!!  I have had to do the laundry everyday!!  And she has five kids to deal with so I am sure she has several loads a day to do!  Whew!

Took the kids shopping for school!  Polo shirts...check!  Khaki pants...check!  Socks, undies...check!  Bras...check!!  Camis...check!  Bathing suits...oh well...Ha!...check!  (Got to look good in the hot tub you know!)  Tennis shoes...check!  Gwen Stefani purse..check ( sigh ).  Belts...check!  Credit card...American Express....(tilt)..check!!



Finally got my tomato plants planted.  Two in the back garden area and two in the Topsy Turvy planter.  Getting them into the planter was a bit of a trick; but the three of us ( Lee Jr., myself and Dr. John) got them in there.  I supervised!!  Ha!  So far they are not dead!  Watering them is dicey but doable.   They are only 6 inches long and no flowers yet.  I don't hold out hope for these.  Our growing season is short to begin with and this year....really shortened!!!  Sigh!!!  We also planted a pumpkin plant.  Don't ask me!?  Dr. John got it! 

Weight loss update....down 143 lbs.!!!  Woot!!  Woot!!!  And still walking two miles a day...well almost every day.  I go early in the morning to beat the heat.  Georgia has been walking with me!!  That has made it fun!  My goal is to work up to 4 miles by summer end.  Whew!  Wish me luck!

Lee Jr.'s play is this Saturday.  Jack and Jill and the Beanstalk!  Jill is Jack's sister!  Don't ask me!!  Ha!  Lee got the lead role...he is Jack!  He already knows all of his lines and everyone else's as well.  He has memorized the entire play.  I know...he is brilliant!!  His mom and dad and his middle sister are coming in on Thursday night and will be here for the play.  Then mom and dad will take all the kids home on Sunday afternoon.  I will crash on Monday!!!

Jury duty started for me on Monday!  So far, my number hasn't been called.  I have been nervous about driving downtown so John took me down there and showed me where to go.  Feeling better about it now.   Beautiful building!

Georgia and I have been working on the fiber piece and the second canvas is 1/3 done!  I will be posting pics on Wednesday of Thursday.  Also work on canvas number one is almost completed.  Just some finishing touches.

Georgia also took pictures when she and Dr. John went to the Crest.  Here are some of her pics!!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: georgia's vacation 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free slideshow design

Make sure and visit The UnMom and see what random randomness she has come up with.  Many others join in too.  Give it a whirl...lots of fun!!


Have a magical and blessed day!!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed the coffee!?!
Hugging you
SueAnn

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

great pics...cant wait to see the progress this week...my SIL has 5 kids, it usually stresses me out when we visit, can not imagine doing laundry for that many...or school shopping. hope you have a wonderful day!

Tabor said...

No wonder you have lost so much...who can keep up with you...not even your grandchildren!

CiCi said...

Wow, your weight loss is commendable. Good for you. Big hugs for that one.
The water playing and making paper with the grandkids sounds like so much fun.

Kim Mailhot said...

You are one busy lady, Sue Ann. It is wonderful to watch you go. Your grandkids must be adoring having this speical time with you.
Congrats on the mileage and the feeling good ! You inspired me. Off to put the sneakers on and go walking before it gets too hot !
Happy Tuesday !

Barb said...

I've only got 3 kids and I'm constantly doing laundry! In fact, I'm supposed to be doing it now. Shhh!
I love to make paper. Never really have time, but it's fun.
Have a great Tuesday!

Boozy Tooth said...

Lucky grandchildren! Lucky grandma. Unlucky AMEX card (tilt!). That made me laugh out loud!

Love your randomness, SueAnn. Love the Smilebox. Love that the kids helped you make paper.

Just love you in general I guess.

XO

Boozy Tooth said...

OH! I almost forgot...

Celebrating 143 with you. That's an entire adult person! AMAZING feat! Purely simply amazing. Congratulations you fine woman you. You are an inspiration in so many ways I've lost count.

ellen abbott said...

You sound like one busy bee. And having so much fun. Nice when the grandkids want to help out.

Diane Duda said...

wow! lots going on. :)
sounds like you're enjoying your grandkids, though.
keep it up.

Together We Save said...

Love this random post... sounds like you have some very lucky grandchildren.

Kristina P. said...

You have lost 143 pounds? Holy cow! I am so impressed.

Unspoken said...

Sorry, but I got to down to your loss of 143 pounds and all I could think was YOU ROCK!!!!! :)!!! BRAVA!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job with the weight loss and playing with the grand kids will make you burn even more! YAY!

SandyCarlson said...

You are a great person. Those kid are lucky. I would love to make paper with you.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Down 143 lbs.!!! That is absolutely AWESOME SueAnn! YEAH YOU!

So glad you're having fun with the grandkids. The memories you're making are priceless. Enjoy!

jj

Mimi said...

Sounds like lots of great things going on!!!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Miss SueAnn, I DO NOT know how you do it ALL. So much energy and joi de vivre. I have just one 12 year old with me, so I only wash 1 load a day :) Bathing Suit! Gwen Stefani Purse (isn't she awesome)! You are as young as you feel.

Hilary said...

Busy busy.. and wow.. congrats on the weight loss to date. Wonderful!