Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WIP ~ Fiber Sculpture ~ Day Ten

Kind of an overcast day today.  And I wasn't called in for jury duty.  Woohoo!!  So I was able to get some extreme photos of the sculpture in progress.  First, canvas one so far...still more to do on it...













These are very close photos showing some of the details in the piece.  Still have more items to add...so there will be more photos of canvas number one soon.

Canvas number two is still in the back of the studio and I couldn't get a good shot of the whole piece.  But I got some good closeups of the handmade paper that will go under the tubes.  When the tubes go on, all you will see is a little of this.  Right now it looks extreme.  Here ya go...









On the floor is the handmade paper that I made that will go on the top of this one.  The gold flecks you see are not really golden...they are pieces of papaya leaves and the flash made them appear golden.  Now that I have totally confused you.  Or at least sparked your interest.  More to follow.

Have a blessed and magical day!!
Hugging you,
SueAnn

23 comments:

Tabor said...

You certainly did spark my interest. I do not know how you see these things before they come together.

Brian Miller said...

i think my favorite part is all the various textures and colors...this is looking really good!

ellen abbott said...

I love the little details. Especially the curly twigs.

Looking good.

Cindy said...

Hi SueAnn, I have been trying to get on here for a few days. I could not leave a comment, anyway I am loving all this, and loving that your grandchildren have been able to help you also. what fun. also congratulations on your 143 poundd weight loss, that is such a major achievement....wow. you rock my friend. I can not wait to see the finished product. I have been thinking of you much. hugs my friend. take care.

Kristina P. said...

It's really beautiful!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

The amount of work you have put into this piece is quite amazing! Can't wait to see the end result.

Joanna Jenkins said...

You sparked my interest for sure! I'll be watching the progress.
Thanks for the peek.
jj

Indrani said...

The pictures are great, showing lot of details. The end result will be definitely good.

mrsnesbitt said...

Totally inspired now! Was feeling rather low but now know I need to do something creative cos it always lifts my spirits!

CiCi said...

It is like giving us little teasers as you progress with art projects.

Bossy Betty said...

I just love to see the progress here....

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love all the neat textures you have going on! :)

Mimi said...

Fantastic photo's!

beth said...

this looks beautiful and honestly, i kind of hope i get called for jury duty....

i used to work as a CASA and spent so much time in court with those kids.....and honestly, i love the court room and all that goes on in there :)

Riki Schumacher said...

This is just magnificent SueAnn! Can't wait to see more. Hugs, Riki

Unspoken said...

looks gold leafed to me ;)

Monica said...

Incredible project! Love the different textures. And papaya leaves?? Oh yes! You caught my attention!;))
Monicax.

Unknown said...

It's truly a marvel... really.

SandyCarlson said...

This is incredible. What a beautiful work. Thanks for sharing these. Your work makes me wish I could reach through the screen and touch this.

Eddie Bluelights said...

What an 'arty' genius you are. Loved the photographs.

Jill said...

Lovely to see more of the 'in progress' of your fibre sculpture! Fascinating how the papaya leaf pieces look golden!!

Unknown said...

Looks exacting, thanks for the peek.

EWian

Hilary said...

Your work always sparks my interest. I did think that was golden. Papaya leaves are even more intriguing.