Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Tuesday ~ Pumpkins, Awards and Journeys







Traveling again...down to Las Cruces, New Mexico!!



The trip down there is so pretty and when you tell each other stories...the trip goes so fast.  We had a blast.  Oh!  The reason we went?  John was getting another award!!  Woot!!  Woot!!

They inducted him to the Academy of Civil Engineering.  Anyway...he got a  plaque and such and we got to listen to some wonderful men tell us stories of their lives as Civil Engineers.  It really was a special evening.  After the ceremony, there was a banquet...but I didn't attend that.  I had such a migraine and was needing to lay down.  Sigh!!



Oh this was at New Mexico State University!!  Ha

Then on Saturday...we drove back,  So we just went for one night.  Then we got back into town and met up with Cassie, our second oldest granddaughter.  We had lunch at Christy Mae's!!  Wonderful cafe!!  I had a stuffed tomato, filled with chicken salad.  OMGEE!!  It was soooo good.  It had grapes and pecans in it!  Fabulous!!  Then I had to taste their devil's food chocolate cake!!  Another to die for moment!!!
And it was good seeing Cassie...it had been awhile.  She looks fabulous!!



Here she is playing around with her hair...she is usually blonde...a natural one too!  She went dark and she looks so cute.

After lunch, home James!!!  Then I got back to work on my paintings for the art/craft show.  Would you believe...this saturday!!!  Yikes!!!

I try to talk to my mom every day...I sure do miss her.  Anywho..we are thinking about going to Myrtle Beach in July or August for two weeks.  My brothers and their wives may join us.  It would be so fun.  That is if there is anything left after the Frankenstorm!!  OMG!  So much damage...and no power for so many!!
I know that sucks!  I sent up a lot of prayers for all of them on the east coast!  My mom got the winds and the rain and she is in Ohio!  My brother in Atlanta, got the high winds!!  What a storm!

I was just watching the news and so much wide spread flooding.  The subways of New York City!!  Wow!!

Would you believe I fell asleep eating some orange sherbet!!  And some of it dumped on my leather couch and on me!!!  Oh jeez!!  What a mess and it left a weird stain.  So I am in the process of cleaning and trying to remove it.  It is slow going and the stain remover I am using has such noxious fumes!!  Ridiculous but it is working.  Saddle soap didn't touch it.

Yes!  You heard me...I fell asleep.  I do that!  Ha!  Just all of a sudden, I fall asleep!!  Why?  I don't know!  I do get up quite early and I simply run out of steam!  That is another reason I didn't go to the banquet...it would look like I was drunk or something.  Me trying not to fall asleep.  Weird!  And embarassing!!

Sigh!!

That awful flu thingey hasn't left me yet.  It keeps coming back.  It hit me again, Saturday afternoon.  I was useless on Sunday!!  Dr. John had to go to town without me!  Me?  I was in bed!  Ha!
It is really taking away from my walking.

On a stressful note...I went to a heart doctor yesterday and I got the results from my blood test.  I had been experiencing shortness of breath and legs swelling.  She says that I suffer from dystallic(sp) and congestive heart failure!  And hypertension.  What?  Me?  Sheesh!!  So now I have two new medicines to add to my arsenal of drugs and I have to limit my fluid intake to 60 ozs. per day.  So that was definitely a wake up call and nothing to play around with.  She was pleased with my current status.  I have been on the meds for one month and my leg swelling has gone down and my blood pressure is good now.  Whew!

I printed off some of my photos on canvas paper and they turned out beautifully!  I will be framing them and putting them in my art display!  Speaking of which...I better get cracking!  Back to work!

Make sure you stop by Stacy's at Stacy Uncorked and see what other randomizers are up too!!  Always good stories of life in action.

Sorry about missing last week...I just wasn't feeling good!!  Getting tired of this flu thing!!


Oops!  I forgot the pumpkins!  We harvested them and it was time for their photo shoot!!  Here they are...the little beauties!!



Have a magical and blessed day!
Hugging you

SueAnn

9 comments:

Tabor said...

Love those pumpkin photos! They are so cheerful. You may have sleep apnea and should check with a doctor as that can create other problems such as heart issues. Here's hoping that Halloween scares the rest of that flu out of your system.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...pumpkins are cool as they change colors....smiling at falling asleep with the sherbet....hope the stain come up...woohoo on the award as well...hope you are doing well today....

The Artful Diva said...

Your pumpkins are gorgeous. Will you now bake a pie?

ellen abbott said...

Wow. Glad you are getting your health under control except for the flu thingy. Kick that thing in the butt! And how about that Cassie! A natural blond that goes dark? How many would do that.

SandyCarlson said...

I hope you feel better soon! I am glad you had a nice adventure!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love how the color of the sky match the color of the pumpkins ;-)

Indrani said...

It struck me too, the sky is pumpkin colored.

Maggie May said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love the photo of Cassie and of the pumpkins!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Anonymous said...

SueAnn - Brian at dVerse introduced me to you. Wow. What a loving person you are. AND! What a wonderful artist. I look forward to coming back and seeing more of your work.
Raven (Liz)