Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years' Resolutions~unearthed



New Year's Day, or January 1, is the first day of the year and is an occasion that witnesses the biggest annual celebration across all countries of the world. It is the time when we ring out the old year and welcome the present year with open arms, with eyes filled with new dreams and hearts replete with new expectations. With another year approaching soon, it's time again to gear up for New Year celebrations.



Instead of overloading ones' life with a list of resolutions...AGAIN!! Lists that overwhelm! They bring discouragement as the months' roll by and we see our determination wane. Dani suggests that we throw away these lists and pick One word! A word that encompasses all that we hope for the New Year.
So I am not going to make a list this year...I am going to take her suggestion and pick one word. Several came to mind but this one word made sense to me.....TRY!! So TRY is my word that will be my focus this year!
I will TRY to do new things. TRY to go to new places. TRY to be the best person I can be. TRY allowing myself to fail. TRY to meet life without fear. TRY new styles; new foods; new looks' new ways of making art! TRY....TRY...TRY!!! I will TRY!




This word takes the pressure off of my mind; my psyche! It sets me free to explore and hopefully experience life in a whole new way. I am really excited about this and I hope this encourages you to ponder your "word" of the year. Let's make 2010 the best ever. Visit Dani's blog and see what she has to say. Visit the other bloggers who are also using this one word to change their lives in 2010.

May you have a magical and fabulous day! May your New Year be more exciting than you expected!
Hugging you
SueAnn


Auld Lang Syne
Should old acquaintance be forgot?
And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot?
And auld Lang Syne?
CHORUS
For auld Lang Syne, my dear,
For auld Lang Syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld Lang Syne.
And surely you'll get your pint mug!
And surely I'll get mine!
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld Lang Syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the hills,
And pulled the daisies fine;
But we've wandered many a weary foot,
Since auld Lang Syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
From morning sun till dine;
But seas between us broad have roared
Since auld Lang Syne.
CHORUS
And there's a hand my trusty friend!
And give us a hand o' thine!
And we'll take a right good-friendly draught,
for auld Lang Syne.