Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Texture Tuesday....Let Go!!


kimklassencafe


Kim at Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesdays has challenged us to use our own photos and one of her texture filters to produce a one-of-kind , original piece of art.  The filter I chose to use is entitled "Let Go". ( a watercolor filter)



Wonderful texture isn't it?  The photo I chose to alter using this filter is...



Here is the photo with the "let go" texture...



Here is same photo altered further..



Here is another photo I used.....



With texture..



more filters..



and....



Check out Kim Klaasen's and see the other fabulous photos.  And better yet; join in!!!


Have a creative and imaginative day
Hugging you

SueAnn




12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oo i like the altered further version of each of them....by itself the filter gives and odd wash from the wide....

Nadege, said...

Gorgeous tulips. I love the gritty look of the door frame in the second last image.

Hilary said...

Fun to play around with photos but I've got to say that I truly love the original tulip image the best.. the tiny details like the water droplets get lost with the textures. Still, fun to see what you can do with it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Tabor said...

I have been making my own textures but find many of them overpower the beauty of the photo if I am not careful. I also am not very intuitive on which type of filter works best until I try several!

The Artful Diva said...

the watercolor texture works really well with the tulips - like the gradation!

Maggie May said...

Love the tulips and the door in particular.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Anonymous said...

The first edit of the tulips is beautiful! So soft and romantic.

Deborah said...

all of your renderings are fantastic, love how they differ!

Indrani said...

I like your experiments. Excellent results!

Deanna said...

Kim's texture on the beautiful pink tulips is quite lovely.

Friko said...

Hmmm, I suppose I could get used to the experiments, but i still like the original photos very much.

Unknown said...

Looking at the tulips, I miss spring! Still winter here. The door turned out spectacular.

EWian