Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Random Tuesday ~ Movies, Beverly Hills and Glue!

Stacy






Went to the movies a couple of days ago.  Saw Silver Linings Playbook and I really enjoyed it.  Jennifer Laurence,  Robert  DiNero, to name a few that were in the movie.  Robert does an amazing job and Jennifer is totally awesome.  It is a story of two bipolar individuals that meet and fall in love.  And the journey there is funny and poignant.  If you haven't seen it...do go.  Worth the trip.

Also having a fabulous time watching Breaking Dawn Part Two!!  I am such a fan of the Twilight series.






I know the reviews were bad but I disagree with the critics...wonderful movie and a great ending to the entire series.

An installation piece that I hung two years ago started popping beads off the surface.  So I went to check it out and saw that the heat from the furnace is blowing directly onto the painting.  Which is causing the adhesive that I used to shrink up, get brittle and popping the beads off.  So I have been busy inventing a way to hold the beads on.  I don't want to rely on the glue, necessarily, but something to use in addition to the glue.  This is what I came up with....





What I have done is as bit of wire wrap holding the bead and attached to the surface with two brass screws.  The only thing I don't like is the fact that the screw heads are so noticeable.  Shinier than the bead itself.  So I am going to cover the screw head with copper patina-ed flat bead and use liquid nails to hold that over the bead.  I don't know if I will have the same problem with them or not??  That is what happens with experiments,  Ha!  When I get this done, I will let you know.

Well the gum pain continues!  Sigh!  Went to an oral surgeon and he, too, was unable to figure out the reason for the constant pain.  So he told me to try a medication and deadens the pain and a mouth rinse that will help also.  I am to try these two treatments for two weeks and report back.  So we will see!

Dr. John has jetted off to San Diego, Ca.  He is there for a conference for Geotecnical Engineers!  I chose to stay home to work out the popping bead problem.  He said the weather there was overcast yesterday.   Hope he gets some sun.  And that he hurries home!  I miss him.

My guilty pleasure....The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  Ha!  I am watching them jet off to Paris to get together for a lark!!  Must be nice!  I can dream can't I?  Ha!  I just can't believe that people actually live like that.  Amazing!!!

Make sure you stop by Stacy's at Stacy Uncorked and catch the other Randomizers!  Always fun!
That's all from me this week.

Have a magical and blessed day!
Hugging you
SueAnn







7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hope travel goes well for the good doctor....and that your gum pain clears up....i think putting a bead head over the screws is a great idea...hope you have a good day sue ann...

Cathy Kennedy said...

The Twilight series has never held any magic over me to watch. It's such a strangely popular movie phenomena.

Have you considered looking for heat-resistant glue? This may solve your problem.

Dental pains are headache. I hope you can get to the bottom of why your gums hurt so much with minimal expense & treatments.

Great to meet you through Random Tuesdays! Now following....~Cathy

Bossy Betty said...

Great to catch up with you! Hope the gum pain gets better soon. Perhaps a trip to Paris is just what you need!

ellen abbott said...

that's too bad about the beads popping off. have you tried clear silicone, like the caulk? it comes in small squeezable tubes. I imagine that should hold them even with the heat from the furnace.

Stacy Uncorked said...

You know, I've never read the Twilight books nor seen any of the movies - though I do have the movies (all of them) in my shopping cart at Amazon, I just haven't pulled the trigger to purchase them yet. I think I'll have to just do it! :)

What a bummer the beads were coming off that piece - inevitable with the furnace blowing directly on it, eh? What about an epoxy glue that doesn't get brittle? I like your solution, though! :)

Sorry about the continuing gum pain - hopefully they'll get it figured out soon!!

Thanks for helping keep the random alive! :)

Princess Nagger the Shining Star – and Dork Child: Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel

SandyCarlson said...

I hope you and your husband enjoy yourselves.

Your art is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your web site!

Here is my weblog :: bankruptcy florida