Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

WIP ~ Fiber Sculpture ~ Day Eleven

I have been working on part two of the fiber piece.  Or should I say, the second canvas.  I have showed you the background that I have attached and now I am beginning to add to it.  Here are some pics of the first tube that we sewed on.





And then I will be adding handmade paper (that I made) on the top of this piece.  Here is a few pics of that process.







You can see the fibers that I added to the paper as well as the color modulation!!  Two more tubes will go on this piece and then they will be covered with fabric.

Hope you are enjoying the process!  My assistant has gone home so I am working on my own again.  I miss her.  She was a good helper!!

Have a blessed and magical day!
Hugging you
SueAnn

15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice. i look forward to seeing you transform this...i do love what you do with textures.

CiCi said...

Your assistant always looked like she enjoyed helping with the art project and paper making. She has a nice smile. I think she got it from her grandma.

ellen abbott said...

It took me forever to figure what WIP meant...duh!

SandyCarlson said...

I love the way you combine textures and colors and give us a feast for the imagination.

Indrani said...

Great seeing the developments of your project, the pics have a great feel.

Hilary said...

Always fun to see the progress.

Cindy said...

Love seeing what you do, I am sure you are missing your helper and I bet she is missing you. big hug to you. take care.

Jannie Funster said...

Ah, what a treat to find art in progress on a blog.

And posted with hugs -- how much better can it get??

Unknown said...

SueAnn I love it! I've never made my own paper, but think it's time to try my hand at it...I'm so sorry I didn't get a card off to you for your Birthday on the 29th...I hope you had an awesome day sweetie...I'm sitting here in my Purple top you sent me...I just love them!!! love you too!!!
Bevie

Artsnark said...

Always enjoy your works in progress - looks really intriguing

Thanks for the well wishes, SueAnn. Wishing you a fantastic 4th too!

Alas, the ceiling is still sporting only a huge patch - the repair begins next week.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, SueAnn...that handmade paper is gorgeous! I'm getting so excited that I can hardly stand it! Can't wait to see the finished product! You are such an amazing artist! Have a Happy 4th! Love, Janine XO

Joanna Jenkins said...

Your colors and textures are fabulous. Sorry your helper had to leave. I know how much your enjoyed her with you.

Happy July 4th.
jj

Cindy said...

Hi SueAnn - and Happy Late Birthday...I am looking forward to seeing this piece finished along with everyone else!!

Unspoken said...

Very cool work!

Mimi said...

It looks so cool!