Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Random Tuesday....Righteous Randomization!!


Unbelievable!  It's May 8th!!!  MAY!!  OMGEeeeeee!!!!  Wasn't that long ago that I had 12 inches of snow!  Sheesh! 

Had a wonderful time in Las Cruces at the Chi Epsilon dinner.  Food was good...martinis were excellent...graduate students were rowdy!  Fun times!!

live music
SW chicken dinner

Prof. Dr. John

Prof. Dr. Bandini


Sunrise...





Worked in garden on Sunday but it is not ready for it's final photos yet.  Still a work in progress.
Crafted on Monday, but forgot to take pics.  I was so engrossed in the beaded bracelet were are working on.  Will take some pics and post next Tuesday.  Talk about patience.  I needed it to work on this piece.  A needle and 11 mm seed beads!!  Yikes!!

The weather here has been fabulous!  80's and mild winds!  I will take it for sure.  Then, yesterday, high winds and 46 degrees!!  Will this ever end?  Had to cover all our plants.  Have seeds sprouting and two new tomato plants!!  Sigh!!  Oh!!  And we planted some sunflowers and pumpkins!!  Woot!!  Remember my pumpkin world from two years ago?  Can't wait to see my orange beauties!!


Reading book two of the Hunger Games, Catching Fire!  I am really enjoying the book!  Quite the adventure and the heroine, Katniss, is the perfect heroine.   I know...I am a little late in the fray...but my g'daughters love these books and they finally encouraged me to read them.  I went through the very same process with Twilight!  And I loved those!  Still do!  Ha!!



Finished Lee Child's Echo Burning and it was a fun read.  Gritty, mysterious, some violence...loved it!  Ha!
Lee Child's has a great character in these books...the Jack Reacher novels.  Jack Reacher is an army MP and quite the one man army!!  He is strong, agile and smart...very smart.  Anywho, it is all about his adventures in the army and after he retires as well.  I enjoy them!  Easy to read and very entertaining, if you like action, adventure.



Also got a copy of Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children.  Supposed to be a fun read so I will give it a try. 



Riki Jewelry had a contest/giveaway on her blog.  She is such a talented jewelry maker/designer!!  Anyway, I WON!!  I won one of her online workshops.  The one I chose is "Overcoming the Fear of Fire".  It is all about soldering and working in metals.  I am so excited.  Artful Gathering 2012 is offering many online workshops.  So stop in and see some of Riki's work or visit Artful Gathering and sign up for one of the many online classes!!  I have a link on my sidebar!

Time to wrap this up!  Don't forget to stop by Stacy's at Stacy Uncorked and see what the other Randomizers are up too!  Lots of adventures I am sure.

Have a blessed and magical day!
Hugging you
SueAnn




6 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm shocked too at the way this month is flying by. Doesn't May know that I need time to get things done? Really, what a month.

Now I want chicken at 6am. Yum.

I love the sunset that looks like you painted the sky with a ginormous brush.

And yay! reading selection. I can't wait to read your thought's on Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children.

Many hugs!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I keep blinking, and time keeps flying by! :)

Awesome sunset pictures as usual - and love your new blog look!



Hunger Games Brewing, Irish Island for Sale, Kentucky Derby Fun and Touch: RTT Rebel

Brian Miller said...

ooo i really want to read that last one...the lee child book is very good, i enjoy his characters....this whole year is flying by....and i love your skies...

peace to you

b

ellen abbott said...

I really enjoyed The Hunger Games books. I may have to look for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I just love the title.

Anonymous said...

okay...I made it here. I notice a lot of my blog comments reverting over to google. what a pain. Sunset is fabulous. May is flying by. It's my favorite month and it just flys...no fair!

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad you are enjoying the Hunger Games series. All three are amazing. They get better and better.

And Miss Peregrine is pure genius. You will enjoy!