Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Random Tuesday.....Sun and a bit of Rain!



Yes!  Can you believe it?  We had a bit of rain and I do mean a bit!!  Ha!  But it was wet and the plants loved it.  And yes, I said "wet".  Ha!  Some times we get rain that doesn't hit the ground because it is so dry.  It evaporates before it hits terra firma.   I know..weird!!  But true!

Spent Saturday weeding.  This is endless and at what juncture does it become pointless?  Just saying!!  Here are some pics of my flowers and shrubs.










All of my plants are drought tolerant and good for up to 30 below!!  Tough up here in the mountains but these plantings are doing so well!  I am thrilled!

Mothers' Day was special all day.  My hubby waited on me all day and took me to a wonderful brunch at the Greenside Cafe which is a quaint neighborhood restaurant.  They had a special menu.  Both of us got the Poached Sea Bass with Pineapple Chutney and Wild Rice.  Yummers!  The fish was done to perfection.  Then we came home and did some more weeding.  This is an endless task!!  Ha!!

Dr. John brought me home the most beautiful floral arrangement.  Unique and fabulous!






Isn't it beautiful?  I could photograph it all week and still be surprised.  Thank you Dr. John.
My BFF gave me the most beautiful bracelet and card.  I forgot to take pics...will post next week.  My mom sent me a very special card with a yellow rose inside.  The rose came from her father, my grandfather, so she sent it to me!  How special is that? 

My Purple Robe is blooming right now....it is so gorgeous.  Purple Robe is a locust tree and it is growing in our front patio.  Here are some pics...






My granddaughter, Emma, the third oldest is graduating this Saturday.  Woot!!  She is so ready to be done with school.  After graduation, she will be getting an apartment with her older sister and going to Cosmetology School in the fall.  She is hosting a BBQ party to celebrate on Sunday.  She is so excited. 

Last night's dinner was so yummy.  Boiled dinner!  Ham, potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage with bay leaves and salt and pepper.  Cook until carrots and potatoes are tender.  I put the cabbage in for the last 30 minutes.  Yummers!!  Easy peasy meal and oh so yummy! 

Today is craft day...Cheri and I decided that every Tuesday we will get together and work on art projects for our upcoming Arts and Craft Show in November...it will be here before we know it.  So we need to get some things ready.  And I guess I should have a plan of what I want to make.  Ha!!  Hopefully, something comes to me before 10AM!!!!!

Remember to stop over and visit Stacy at Stacy UnCorked and see what the other Randomizers are up too!  Always entertaining and full of surprises.

Have a magical and blessed day!
Hugging you
SueAnn

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Your yard is lovely and I will bet you much that I have more weeds than you...we got at least a half inch of rain yesterday

Brian Miller said...

now i see where the flower came from at your other place...smiles...and glad to hear you had a nice mothers day...have fun at graduation too, congrats to her...we got pounded with rain yesterday and mor on the way today...

Stacy Uncorked said...

I know what you mean about the weeds - they're driving me crazy with their aggressive flourishing in my flower beds! Your plants and flowers and everything look great!

Glad you had an awesome Mother's Day - you totally deserve it. :)


Mother's Day Snap-Happy, Network Upfront Disappointments and Mindless TV, Non-Natural Aubrey O'Day, The Hunger Games Enjoyment

ellen abbott said...

Love your garden and those yellow flowers. What are they? And the locust tree is gorgeous. My eldest grandkid is 15. His mom and I were talking about that Sunday. She moved out after graduation too, into an apartment with friends.